Meet Cindy Spencer Pape!
Cindy and I shared a release date at Carina on Monday and we decided to celebrate together by interviewing each other!
Cindy: Thanks so much to Mari for having me here tonight. Please hop over to my blog when you’re done here, and check out my interview of Mari!
Motor City Witch
Urban Arcana, Book 2
By Cindy Spencer Pape
from Carina Press
Blurb: She’d left magic behind.
Once upon a time, Elise Sutton had been a powerful witch and paranormal enforcer. Once she’d been madly in love with Fae lord Aidan Greene. But when Aidan had considered his duties more important than their relationship, the love affair ended badly. Shortly after, while on the hunt for a rogue demon, Elise was brutalized and almost killed. Months later she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. To protect her child—and her heart—Elise decided to live a nonmagical life.
Until she meets Aidan again, and he assumes Dina is his daughter. When Dina is kidnapped by a racial purity movement, Elise turns to Aidan for help. The icy facade she has built around herself shatters at Aidan’s touch. Together they have to hunt through the human and faery worlds to find Dina…and to discover whether or not they have any kind of chance at a happily ever after.
- What inspired this story? Mostly, the previous book in the series (Motor City Fae). I’d created these two characters that seemed so at odds, they had to go together.
- What was your favorite part of the book to write – the beginning, middle, or ending? I always like writing the beginning and the end. But with this book, there was one scene in the middle that just took my breath away. I totally fell in love with Aidan at that moment!
- Is there a message in your book that you want the reader to grasp? Just that love is a universal concept. Human or not, that search for a partner is one of the things that makes us real.
- How long have you been an author? Family is important in this book too—both the kind created by shared genes and the kind you create through friendship and shared experience, but one way or the other, it’s all about love.
- Do you have any other upcoming releases or projects? I have another book that came out yesterday from Ellora’s Cave. You can click here to check out Just for Jess, a vampire/shapeshifter ménage. In March I have a steampunk romance coming from Carina Press, and I’m at work now on book 3 in the Urban Arcana series, along with a Valentine story for Ellora’s Cave.
- What do you do to recharge your batteries? Read. Watch TV or DVDs. Thrift-store shopping, and occasionally indulge my inner geek with a role-playing game.
- Who is on your “keeper” shelf? In no particular order: Jayne Ann Krentz, Linda Howard, Elizabeth Lowell, Lora Leigh, Christine Warren, Christine Feehan, Anny Cook, and Roberta Gellis.
- What are you reading now? Just finished Virginia Cantra’s latest and have Kresley Cole’s new one waiting on my nightstand.
Where can readers find Cindy?